with the occasional rant about tin openers...

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Back to the Beer

The last post had the look of a government health warning about it (and the one before that looked a lot like a Guinness ad from the 70s…). Any similarities are purely coincidental.

Now then, back to homebrew: I’ve had another, tentative taste of the Brewferm Triple with my family. It’s mellowed since the last time, and the flavour has broadened a little. It certainly does not lack body! The strength of the flavour and alcohol come from the use of less water, and candi sugar, which has its own strong flavour, common with this type of beer. And while it went down well with my dad, it didn’t go down so well with my mum or my missus (though I thank them all for trying it). Similarly, if it were ordered at a bar, neither my dad nor myself would be drinking it all night! We were definitely in connoisseur territory with the Tripple. However, if you like Leffe etc. then I think that brewing this would be right up your... um...

I'll review the Triple properly tonight, in front of some Steven Segal or something, and I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment