with the occasional rant about tin openers...

Monday, September 10, 2012

Grow Your Own Hops

So much better than grapes, and loads easier to grow!
I did try to grow and malt my own barley, last year. This year I'm letting that go to the professionals. However, I am sucessfully growing my own hops. And to help anyone else trying to do the same, or wishing to, read this:

 
Within this new, small site you'll find much of the information needed to buy, grow, harvest dry and brew. It's a great aside to the homebrew hobby (sorry, not hobby, um... art), and when I harvest later this week I'm sure it'll prove to be a worthwhile one too.

 
I hope the information proves useful or inspiring: and if I can grow hops way up where I'm living, then anybody can anywhere.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment